Guy R. Fogel M.D.
RECENT CONTINUING EDUCATION - PRESENTATION OF RESEARCH:
Feb Orthopedic Research Society ORS presented three papers by zoom. Effect of Cage material on Subsidence, Modulus variants, Final anatomical test block Indentor study
May International Society for Advancement of Spinal Surgery ISASS presented Effect of Cage material on Subsidence in person
Sept North America Spine Society NASS plan to present subsidence papers in person
Oct Society minimally invasive Spinal Surgery SMISS plan to present subsidence papers in person
Feb Orthopedic Research Society ORS presented 3 voice posters by zoom. 2021 Effect of Cage material on Subsidence, Anatomical test blocks, Dynamic Titanium Implants video posters
4.Alphatech 2020 Program teaching Safe-op Neuromonitoring for Lateral fusion
Sept Cervical spine research meeting CSRS Zoom
SOLAS Zoom Podium 2 papers Dynamic Titanium Implants and Subsidence, Anatomical test blocks
AAOS Feb Las Vegas 31 hour
ISASS April Las Angeles 20 hours
SOLAS May Miami 15 hrs
AAOS New Orleans La annual meeting 16 hours
ISASS Toronto Ca annual meeting 19 hours podium presentation 2 papers
SOLAS San Diego Ca annual meeting 12.25 hours podium presentation Editor/Review for all abstracts
Clinical Orthopedic Society Austin Tx Sept 26-29 2018 podium presentation 1 paper
- Fogel GR, Katoh Y, Rand JA, et al. Talonavicular arthrodesis for isolated arthrosis: 9.5-year results and gait analysis. Foot Ankle 1982;3:105-13.
- Fogel GR, Sim FH. Reconstruction of ankle malunion: indications and results. Orthopedics 1982;5:1471-9.
- Fogel GR, Younge DA, Dobyns JH. Pitfalls in the diagnosis of the simple wrist ganglion. Orthopedics 1983;6:990-2.
- Fogel GR, McElfresh EC, Peterson HA, et al. Management of deformities of the forearm in multiple hereditary osteochondromas. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1984;66:670-80.
- Fogel GR, Morrey BF. Delayed open reduction and fixation of ankle fractures. Clin Orthop Relat Res 1987:187-95.
- Miller ME, Fogel GR, Dunham WK. Salmonella spondylitis. A review and report of two immunologically normal patients. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1988;70:463-6.
- Fogel GR, Esses SI. Hip spine syndrome: management of coexisting radiculopathy and arthritis of the lower extremity. Spine J 2003;3:238-41.
- Fogel GR, Esses SI, Calvillo O. Management of chronic limb pain with spinal cord stimulation. Pain Pract 2003;3:144-51.
- Fogel GR, Liu W, Reitman CA, et al. Cervical plates: comparison of physical characteristics and in vitro pushout strength. Spine J 2003;3:118-24.
- Fogel GR, Reitman CA, Liu W, et al. Physical characteristics of polyaxial-headed pedicle screws and biomechanical comparison of load with their failure. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 2003;28:470-3.
- Fogel GR, Cunningham PY, 3rd, Esses SI. Surgical evaluation and management of symptomatic lumbosacral meningeal cysts. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 2004;33:278-82.
- Fogel GR, Cunningham PY, 3rd, Esses SI. Coccygodynia: evaluation and management. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2004;12:49-54.
- Reitman CA, Nguyen L, Fogel GR. Biomechanical evaluation of relationship of screw pullout strength, insertional torque, and bone mineral density in the cervical spine. J Spinal Disord Tech 2004;17:306-11.
- Fogel GR, Cunningham PY, 3rd, Esses SI. Spinal epidural lipomatosis: case reports, literature review and meta-analysis. Spine J 2005;5:202-11.
- Fogel GR, McDonnell MF. Surgical treatment of dysphagia after anterior cervical interbody fusion. Spine J 2005;5:140-4.
- Fogel GR, Toohey JS, Neidre A, et al. Outcomes of L1-L2 posterior lumbar interbody fusion with the Lumbar I/F cage and the variable screw placement system: reporting unexpected poor fusion results at L1-L2. Spine J 2006;6:421-7.
- Toohey JS, Stromberg L, Neidre A, et al. Treatment of cervical pseudarthrosis after Smith-Robinson procedure with Halifax clamp fixation. J Surg Orthop Adv 2006;15:201-2.
- Bozarth GR, Fogel GR, Toohey JS, et al. Repair of pars interarticularis defect with a modified cable-screw construct. J Surg Orthop Adv 2007;16:79-83.
- Fogel GR, Toohey JS, Neidre A, et al. Is one cage enough in posterior lumbar interbody fusion: a comparison of unilateral single cage interbody fusion to bilateral cages. J Spinal Disord Tech 2007;20:60-5.
- Fogel GR, Toohey JS, Neidre A, et al. Fusion assessment of posterior lumbar interbody fusion using radiolucent cages: X-ray films and helical computed tomography scans compared with surgical exploration of fusion. Spine J 2008;8:570-7.
- Fogel GR, Toohey JS, Neidre A, et al. Outcomes of posterior lumbar interbody fusion with the 9-mm width lumbar I/F cage and the variable screw placement system. J Surg Orthop Adv 2009;18:77-82.
- Cappuccino A, Cornwall GB, Turner AW, et al. Biomechanical analysis and review of lateral lumbar fusion constructs. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 2010;35:S361-7.
- Fogel GR, Li Z, Liu W, et al. In vitro evaluation of stiffness and load sharing in a two-level corpectomy: comparison of static and dynamic cervical plates. Spine J 2010;10:417-21.
- Fogel GR, Parikh RD, Ryu SI, et al. Biomechanics of lateral lumbar interbody fusion constructs with lateral and posterior plate fixation: laboratory investigation. J Neurosurg Spine 2014;20:291-7.
- Fogel GR, Turner AW, Dooley ZA, et al. Biomechanical stability of lateral interbody implants and supplemental fixation in a cadaveric degenerative spondylolisthesis model. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 2014;39:E1138-46.
- Fogel GR, Ryu SI, Parikh RD, et al. Response. J Neurosurg Spine 2015;23:260-1.
- Li Y, Fogel GR, Liao Z, et al. Finite element model predicts the biomechanical performance of cervical disc replacement and fusion hybrid surgery with various geometry of ball-and-socket artificial disc. Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg 2017; 12:1399-409.
- Li Y, Fogel GR, Liao Z, et al. Prosthesis and Hybrid Strategy Consideration for Treating 2-level Cervical Disc Degeneration in Hybrid Surgery. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) Mar 15 2018 43,6 379.
- Li Y, Fogel GR, Liao Z, et al. Biomechanical Analysis of Two-level Cervical Disc Replacement with a Stand-alone U-shaped Disc Implant. Spine (Phila Pa 42,20, E1173, 2017.
- Zhang, Z., H. Li, G. R. Fogel, Z. Liao, Y. Li and W. Liu (2017). "Biomechanical Analysis of Porous Additive Manufactured Cages for Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion: A Finite Element Analysis." World Neurosurgery June 2018 v114, e1120
- Guy R Fogel MD, Laurence Rosen MD, Jayme Koltsov, Ph.D., Ivan Cheng MD Neurologic Adverse Event Avoidance in Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion: Technical Considerations Using Muscle Relaxants Journal of Spine Surgery July 2018
- Biomechanical Analysis of Cortical Versus Pedicle Screw Fixation Stability in TLIF, PLIF, and XLIF Applications Edward K. Nomoto, MD, Guy R. Fogel, MD, Alexandre Rasouli, MD, Justin V. Bundy, MD, Alexander W. Turner, PhD Global Spine Journal Published July 31, 2018
- Li Y, Fogel GR, Liao Z, et al. Prosthesis and Hybrid Strategy Consideration for Treating 2-level Cervical Disc Degeneration in Hybrid Surgery. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 2017.
- Li Y, Fogel GR, Liao Z, et al. Biomechanical Analysis of Two-level Cervical Disc Replacement with a Stand-alone U-shaped Disc Implant. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 2017.
- Book Chapter Complications and pitfalls in Posterior lumbar interbody fusion Brantigan and Fogel 2008.
- Book Chapter Biomechanics of the Lateral Approach: Effects of Lumbar Spinal Instrumentation eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF®) Guy R. Fogel, MD, FAAOS; G. Bryan Cornwall, PhD, PEng; Jeffrey D. Coe, MD; Alexander W.L. Turner, PhD: Second Edition: Editors J. Allan Goodrich, MD, FAAOS Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon, Champions Orthopaedic Group, Augusta, Georgia, Ildemaro J. Volcan, MD Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Georgia Health Sciences University; West Georgia Spine Specialists, LLC, Augusta, Georgia :
- Porous Additive Manufactured Cages Affect Biomechanical Performance After Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Zhenjun Zhang1, Guy R. Fogel2, Hangkai Shen1, Jia Zhu3, Zhenhua Liao3, Weiqiang Liu3Zhang, Z., et al. (2018). "Biomechanical Analysis of Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion Constructs with Various Fixation Options: Based on a Validated Finite Element Model." World Neurosurg 114: e1120-e1129.
- Zhang, Z., et al. (2018). "Biomechanical analysis of lumbar interbody fusion cages with various lordotic angles: a finite element study." Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin 21(3): 247-254.
- Zhang, Z., et al. (2018). "Biomechanical evaluation of four surgical scenarios of lumbar fusion with hyperlordotic interbody cage: A finite element study." Biomed Mater Eng 29(4): 485-497
- Zhang, Z., et al. (2018). "Biomechanical Analysis of Porous Additive Manufactured Cages for Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion: A Finite Element Analysis." World Neurosurg 111: e581-e591.
- Zhang, Z., et al. (2018). "Finite element model predicts the biomechanical performance of transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion with various porous additive manufactured cages." Comput Biol Med 95: 167-174.
- Guy R. Fogel, Laurence Rosen, Jayme Carolynn Burket Koltsov, Ivan Cheng Neurologic adverse event avoidance in lateral lumbar interbody Fusion: technical considerations using muscle relaxants. J Spine Surg 2018;4(2):247-253